When you need a healthy iron hit, this Super Simple Spinach Tart is a great go-to recipe.
It’s super easy and super delicious! The recipe uses affordable frozen spinach and can be customised with anything else you have in the fridge.
We’ve done ours with just spinach, a little bit of onion and some salt and pepper, but feel free to add feta, bacon – some leftovers – or whatever else catches your fancy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Shortcrust Pastry Case
- 150 grams Frozen Spinach
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 100 grams Cream Cheese
- 2/3 cup Grated Cheese
- 4 Egg
- 1 cup Milk full fat or skim
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and place the pastry case (in the foil if it came with that or in a pastry pan) into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While this is baking, cook the onion and spinach in a pan until the onion is soft and the spinach is entirely thawed. Cool slightly
- Take out the pie crust (leave the oven on). To the pie casing, add cubes of cream cheese, then the spinach and onion mixture.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and then add the rest of the ingredients. Pour this into the pie case.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, or until set. Watch carefully, as baking time will depend on the size of your pie casing and your oven.