Self-Saucing Lemon Pudding
As far as puddings and desserts in general go, they don’t get much more fantastic (or classic) than this Self Saucing Lemon Pudding. A true family tradition, the lemon pudding has been hanging around our house for generations, and we just love this version of it. Zesty and full of flavour, we’re sure you’re going to love it too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 30 grams Butter Softened
- 1 1/4 cups Caster Sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and butter a baking dish of about 20cm square.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and softened butter until nice and thick.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Add this mixture alternatively with the milk to the smooth yolk mix until it is well combined, beating after each addition.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff in a bowl on their own. Gently fold them into the rest of the mixture. Pour this into your baking dish.
- Place your baking dish into a roasting pan. Add water to the pan until it comes about half way up the sides of the dish. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until top has lightly set and is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar, serve hot.