This Crispy Fried Halloumi can be served on a plate on its own with some sweet chili sauce..
..or cooked and topped on a good steak with a nice salad.
Halloumi is unlike any other cheese you have ever eaten (if you don’t know much about it). It is a Greek cheese that is ‘squeaky’ to eat – with a rubbery type texture. It is almost like a Feta cheese but less salty and less ‘brittle’.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 250 grams Halloumi Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- Remove the Halloumi from the package and allow it to drain on some paper towel for a minute or two.
- Cut the Halloumi into thick 1cm slices.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl.
- Dip the halloumi soldiers into the egg, then into Panko Breadcrumbs that have been seasoned with salt and pepper or any other herbs you wish.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat. Grease it well with canola oil. Once hot, add the Halloumi slices and cook for one minute or each side, or until golden.
- Serve whilst still hot.